Using Soy Wax Candles
We're sure you'll enjoy burning our pure soy wax candles, but as they are handmade using only natural soy wax, fragrance and colour, without other additives, they are quite different from the mass-produced paraffin wax candles available on the market.
Here is some additional information to help ensure you get the best from our products:
- Soy Candles can be damaged or discoloured by strong light sources such as sunlight or fluorescent light. They should therefore never be exposed to strong artificial light or sunlight.
- Soy wax is sensitive to fluctuations in temperature. It has a low melting point and can begin to soften or melt at temperatures above 25ºC. Soy candles are therefore best stored at room temperature, in a dry place and avoiding high temperatures. If they do begin to melt, it can help to move them to a cooler area, or wait until weather conditions change when they return to their original form.
- In warm conditions small droplets may appear on the top of the candle. This is normal and will not affect the burn quality of the candle.
- Soy candles may become cloudy or develop a pale frosted appearance at cold temperatures. This is a normal feature of soy wax and does not affect the performance of the candle. To avoid this, store soy candles at room temperature.
- Soy candles that are poured into glass may have areas where the wax appears not to be adhering to the glass. Again this is normal and is caused by temperature fluctuations which cause the wax to expand and contract.
- Finally...you may notice some slight variations in size, shape or finish of the candles or wax melts. These result from the fact that our products are individually handmade and are not produced on a mechanised production line. Each candle is therefore unique and these slight imperfections do not affect the burn quality or performance of the candle.
**Please remember that to ensure your safety it is essential that you burn candles safely - use our safety information as a guideline.