When we decided to make scented candles we didn’t want to do it at the expense of the environment, so we set about doing some homework. We aren’t eco-warriers but we do want to do our bit, so we decided to use soy wax for all our scented candles.
The soy wax we have chosen is 100% GM free and no pesticides or herbicides are used at any stage in its cultivation. Soya beans are, of course, a renewable source and the wax is naturally bio-degradable, so it is really is an eco-friendly product.
But we want to make absolutely the best quality soy candles too, and the great thing is that soy also has “excellent fragrance-holding qualities” – that means our candles give a long-lasting and even scent through out the time they burn, and they are cleaner burning and longer lasting than paraffin equivalents.
Soy wax burns cleaner than paraffin wax, which is made from crude oil, with no petrol-carbon soot that can blacken walls as well as releasing toxic carcinogens in to the air.
We don’t use colourants or dyes in our candles, so they are all white, or cream in colour, with a smooth and clean finish.
The only thing we add to the natural wax is high quality fragrance oil. We don’t add any other chemicals or artificial additives to our individually handmade scented candles. Our wicks are also 100% natural and are designed specifically to burn best in soy wax candles.
The soy wax we use has the following benefits:
- It is 100% vegetable, made from pure soybean oil
- It burns longer and more cleanly than paraffin wax without soot build up
- It is natural, biodegradable and free from pesticides and herbicides
- It is produced without genetically modified material
- It is easy to clean up with soap and hot water, eliminating the need for solvents
- It is not subject to animal testing
- It is a renewable, sustainable resource
So why don't you switch to soy - we're sure once you've tried it you'll love it.
As with all candles, please remember to follow safety instructions carefully.